know all about conservation. They help customers to implement their energy-saving methods on a regular basis allowing their customer to save on home heating oil. Customers searching for ways to conserve money and fuel should contact their Oil heat distributor and ask for a consultation concerning their local heating oil prices.
Take a Big Step Toward Maximum Savings on Your Home Heating Oil Prices Today:
The best defense against inflation and rising power prices at home is improved efficiency. The fastest road to saving on fuel is replacing your current home equipment, and adding a new system that carries an ENERGY STAR rating. These types of systems have been designed to deliver high efficiency. When you see ‘ENERGY STAR’ you know that this particular product comes out of a joint venture between the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and the DOE (Department of Energy). It helps to guide citizens toward energy efficiency making it easy to compare amongst all of the available options today. A visit to www.energystar.gov and you’ll see that the government recommends all homeowners think about replacing any home furnace or boiler 15 years of age or more.
The kind of systems offered by local Lehigh Valley heating oil distributors are capable of reducing home heating oil consumption by as much as 30% or more. Compare that type of efficiency to what you current have. You’ll find that today, manufacturers are adopting the latest in heat-transfer design and combustion technology, in order to squeeze out every last BTU from the fuel and lower heating costs and eliminate waste. There are some additional steps you can take to conserve money as well, but having a system upgrade is a sure way of conserving fuel, guarding against inflation of energy prices, and lower the environmental impact.
Investing in a brand new home heating system can be a substantial cash layout, but compare the returns and you’ll see if makes it a very wise move. The usual customer will recoup the cash they lay out in a few short years via lower fuel consumption. After that, the rest is pure savings. Having a new high-efficiency heat system will also raise a home or building’s value.
Another way to conserve is to compare home heating oil prices however do not just base your purchasing decision strictly on the prices. By focusing only on local home heating oil prices, you may be missing out on other cost saving opportunities. For instance, an oil heating maintenance plan that might be offered to consumers of a certain heating oil purchase plan. Prices of oil are important, but so is the service that you receive from your oil supplier. Be sure to make an informed decision by asking your oil delivery company for all of the oil pricing options.
Small Things Today Can Make Big Differences Tomorrow:
When you do lots of small things right, your home savings can really add up. Having a tune-up on an annual basis can help preserve as much as 5% in energy use. Full service distributors of heating oil in the Lehigh Valley, PA are able to recommend small-scale improvements that really will make a big difference. For example, installing an advanced burner control or programmable thermostat in your home. Any customers desiring to take advantage of those type of opportunities need to contact their local distributor.
Here are some ways to save on things other than home heating:
Other Helpful Saving Tips to Perform All Year Round:
- Compact Flourescent Lights – Using these gives you 10 – 13 times longer burning time along with 75% less energy use.
- Dimmer Switches – Using these will enhance the mood in your home while extending your bulb life, and save as much as 60% on lighting costs.
- Lower Your Home Water Heater Temp – By lowering the temperature of the home water heater from the regular 140 degrees down to 120 degrees, you can save up to 3% to 5% on heating costs per every 10 degree reduction.
- Don’t Over-Chill The Freezer or Fridge – The recommended temps for these are 5 degrees for the freezer, and 37- 40 degrees for the fridge.
- Keep Fridge Door Closed – Every time a fridge door is left open 30% of the cool air inside it escapes. The same thing goes for the oven.
- Cover Pans to Boil Water – Covering your kettles or pans will make it go faster so you use less power.
- Air-Dry Your Dishes – Let your dishes air dry instead of heat-drying them, compare the minor bump in drying time to the savings, you’ll be happy.
- High-Efficiency Washers & Dryers – By choosing to purchase high-efficiency washers you’ll use half the amount of H2O when you compare it to the standard models today. A high-efficiency dryer will conserve as much as 30% in power when you compare it to standard models.
- Defrosting Food Before You Cook – This will save from 30 – 50 percent on your cooking costs. You should only pre-heat the oven when baking.
- Water-Conserving Fixture Installation – You should install the types of fixtures that conserve water, like faucets, shower heads, and toilets.
- Plug Leaks – You should fix any leaky faucets you have, especially the hot water faucets. In one months time at one drop a second, you can lose as much as 165 gallons. That’s more than a single individual would use in 2 whole weeks.
- Programmable Thermostat – When used properly and in our local region, one of these can save you $100 or more on your annual heating bill and the prices of these thermostats have dropped over the past several years, making this an attractive option today.